6/11/17 Board Meeting Notes, Unofficial

Meeting Minutes

June 11, 2017  |  1:30PM  |  Salmon Bay Cafe

 

Meeting was called to order at 1:43pm by Doug Kingston, KD7DK, the Group’s President.

Doug welcomed all attendees and asked for quick Introductions.

Minutes from the April 8, 2017 meeting was read by Aaron Hulett, K8AMH. Tim Helming, WT1IM, moved to approve, and second by Elaine Bradtke, KG7CME. Everyone was in favor.

Aaron then reviewed the Treasurer’s Report, noting that we ended the fiscal year on April 30 and we trended well to budget. He mentioned the Board needs to develop and approve an operating budget for the current fiscal year which runs from May 1 through April 30.

He also updated the Group on our 501(c)(3) efforts, mentioning that after phone calls and additional faxes between him and the IRS, we received our determination letter recognizing the PSRG as an organization operating under 501(c)(3). Aaron will work to update the website and also send updated donation receipts from the effective date onward for their records in case they may be able to claim a tax deduction.

Last, Aaron informed meeting attendees that he and his fiancé are moving to Texas in the near future and that he could no longer serve on the Board of the PSRG. He previously submitted his resignation and his resignation’s effective date is currently June 20.

Under old business, the Annual Picnic is scheduled for July 8. Tim is looking for volunteers to help with setup or takedown, and interested folks should contact him directly. We will also hold an antenna party during the Picnic which Tim will set up. We do not currently need supplies, and should have materials on hand to make ladder line VHF/UHF antennas. There is a question on whether the picnic site’s power outlet works, and Barry Palmore, K7PAL, will go by to check.

Regarding membership processing, no progress to report, and we will revisit at the next Board meeting.

Regarding the website, Aaron will hand off this item to Tim.

Field Day is approaching and folks interested in helping should contact Doug. We will have solar, and Wink Thorne has made arrangements, including having this equipment sponsored. We have a goal this year of running the full 24 hours on solar power only, and if anyone has LED lighting they can bring, this will help us save energy versus using fluorescent lights. Doug is also looking for folks interested in assisting with preparations, such as how Wink drove setting up solar equipment. Last, Doug asked for $300 budget for incidentals. Aaron moved, Tim seconded, and all were in favor.

Under new business, the Technical Committee report mentioned the Raspberry Pi used to run EchoLink/IRLP as well as remote repeater operation is currently not allowing changes, such as adding new control stations. EchoLink/IRLP continue to work without issue, but someone will need to travel to the repeater site to address.

The Finance Committee did not meet as, per the previous Board meeting, no major financial transactions were budgeted.

As part of working towards 501(c)(3) recognition, we do need to update our Articles of Incorporation to align with IRS requirements. Currently the Articles conflict with the By-Laws on both Purpose and Dissolution sections. Aaron submitted proposed amendments which would be presented and voted upon during the Annual Picnic. Doug asked the Board to review and submit feedback before end of day Tuesday, June 13, after which Aaron will publish required notices and Doug will send an email to PSRG members.

We also discussed transitioning the Secretary-Treasurer duties given Aaron submitted his resignation. Tim will work on the website, and Doug will work on finances, including preparing and reviewing a budget with Tim. Given the PSRG financial accounts should have more than one person able to draw on them, Doug Kingston asked that the Board approve amending the signatures for the BECU Checking and Savings Accounts to remove Aaron Hulett and add Tim Helming. LW Abel, K7LWA, moved to approve this, and Elaine Bradtke seconded. All board members were in favor.

Doug asked if anyone is interested in serving as Secretary-Treasurer through the end of Aaron’s term, which ends at this January’s Annual Meeting, to please let him know.

The Board determined that given upcoming events, the Educational Meeting will not take place in July.

The next Board meeting be held on Saturday, August 12 at 1:30pm, also at the Salmon Bay Café.

With no other business before the Board, the meeting was adjourned at 2:47pm.

Submitted by Secretary-Treasurer Aaron Hulett, K8AMH

This entry was posted in Board Meeting Notes. Bookmark the permalink.