Board Meeting Minutes (draft) Minutes are not official until approved by the Board
February 10, 2018 | 1:30 PM | Salmon Bay Cafe
Board members present:
Doug Kingston KD7DK (President) / Don Abeles W7UUL (License Trustee) / Tim Helming WT1IM (Vice President) / L. W. Abel K7LWA (Board Slot 3) / Theresa McLaird KG7AII (Board Slot 2) / Jack Wolfe KI7RMU (Board Slot 4) / Bill N6NBN (Board Slot 1)
- Meeting called to order at 1335 hours.
- Doug read and made a motion to approve the 1-28-18 AGM meeting minutes. Seconded by Tim. Approved by all.
- Doug read and made a motion to approve the 1-28-18 post AMG board meeting minutes. Seconded by Tim. Approved by all.
- 12-9-17 board meeting notes not available for approval – tabled until 4-21-18 board meeting.
- Treasurer report: P & L statement was uploaded to Team Drive. Bills are paid, accounts are in good standing and there is money in the account.
- Doug outlined some ideas for using funds for trainings and new projects.
- PO box is moving to Ballard Post Office. LW made a motion to adopt plan. All approved. Doug will handle the changeover.
- Doug made a motion to appoint Theresa to the finance committee. Seconded by Tim. Approved by all.
- David Holdsworth (KJ7PW) discussed items for sale in his ham shack as he is moving. Volunteers were enlisted post-meeting to help move equipment.
- March 17 educational meeting discussed however none were chosen. Hamwan and fldigi mentioned.
- Tech committee update: Beacon repeater swapped out. Various components of the voting system are being tested. New sites to expand the coverage area and co-location partners are being sought out. Randy is developing coverage maps to provide better saturation.
- Net admin report: LW said the 9 AM net host coverage is solid. The 9 PM net slots are shifting to new hosts and split/alternating host coverage. Actively looking for new hosts – this is a great way for new and experienced hams to get and keep their skills up. Looking to make Allstar available to more users. Reports Echolink station check-ins are on the increase.
- Website update: Tim’s report is short but there is a meeting of website committee members coming up. Rich (K7RCH) will update the webmaster position on the website with himself in place of Marco.
- Other business:
- Doug & Theresa will prepare a new annual report for the website.
- Boaters net info not on the website. Jack will contact Chuck (KC1S) & Chris (K7PAN) to get an official blurb that can be posted.
- Doug made a motion to move the April 14th board meeting to April 21st due to Comm Academy conflict. Approved by all.
- Doug made a motion to adjourn. LW seconded. Approved by all.
- Adjourned at 1430 hours.